WE ARE AN APOSTOLIC CHURCH
WE BELIEVE THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD . . .
- “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:” [Deut. 6:4]
- …and that He is the creator of heaven and earth and all living things. We believe that God has given revelation of Himself as the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost. The Scriptures declare that God is a spirit [St. John 4:24] and that his is the first and the last, and besides Him there is no other God [Isaiah 44:6]. There was no God formed before Him; neither shall there be after Him [Isaiah 43:10].
- God is our Father in creation [But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand. Isaiah 64:8]
- So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. [Genesis 1:27]
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [John 1:1-4]
- In redemption . . . And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call His name Jesus for He Shall save His people from their sins. [Matthew 1:21]
- And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. [John 1: 14]
I and my Father are one. [John 10:30]
- The Holy Ghost is not a third person in the Godhead . . . For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily [Colossians 2:9] . . . but rather the spirit of God, the spirit of our resurrected Christ. The Holy Ghost is the comforter that dwells in the hearts and lives of every spirit filled believer. [St. John 14:16-26]
- For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. [1 John 5:7]
WE BELIEVE IN WATER BAPTISM: IN JESUS NAME
- ”Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. “ [Acts 4:12]
- Water Baptism is an essential part of the New Testament Church and as John the Baptist and the Apostles did baptize in water by immersion, so do we. It was the Apostle Paul who said, “We are buried with Him by baptism into death . . .” [Romans 6:4]
- The Death – Burial – Resurrection of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is applied to our lives when we experience this New Testament Salvation. “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift on the Holy Ghost” [Acts 2:38]
WE BELIEVE THAT THE INITIAL EVIDENCE OF ONE RECEIVING THE HOLY GHOST IS SPEAKING IN TONGUES
[Acts 2:4, 11; 10:46; 19:6]
- Tongues are classified in two ways. . .
- Speaking in other tongues as the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- The gift of tongues as mentioned in [1 Corinthians 12:10, 28]
- Speaking in other tongues as the Spirit of God gives the utterance is a manifestation God has given as the witness or sign of the Baptism of the Holy Ghost [Acts 10:46]. It was prophesied by the prophet Isaiah as the rest and the refreshing [Isaiah 28: 11-12], foretold by Jesus as a sign that would follow believers of the gospel [ST. Mark 16:17], and experienced by the Gentiles alike.
- The gift of diverse kinds of tongues, mentioned by Paul in [1 Corinthians 12:1-10]. Paul stated . . . “ and forbid not to speak with tongues.” [1 Corinthians 14:39].
WE BELIEVE IN HOLINESS
- We are commanded to live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present world [Titus 2:12] and warned that without Holiness no man shall see the Lord [Hebrews 12:14]. Furthermore, we must present our bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable under God, which is your reasonable service and be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind [Romans 12:1].
WE BELIEVE IN DIVINE HEALING
- But he was wounded for our transgressions, hewas bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. [Isaiah 5:35]
- Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. [1 Peter 2:24]
- Jesus said . . . “They shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover” [Mark 16:18]
WE BELIEVE IN THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS CHRIST
- Jesus Christ is coming back to the earth in bodily form, just as he went away [Acts 1:11]
- In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. [John 14: 2-3]
- There will be a Rapture, a Parousia, a catching away of the Church – the Bride of Christ, before the Tribulation period. . . ”For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. [1 Thessalonians 4:16-17]
WE BELIEVE IN THE RESURRECTION
- There will be a resurrection of all the dead, both just and unjust.
- And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
- And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. [Revelation 20:12-13]